LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sub vi's in the same block diagram

Hello,

I'm brand new to LabVIEW and have been going through examples and trying to get to know the program, but I can't seem to find the right one to show me how to have multiple sub vi's on the same block diagram, but with separate front panels.

What I'm trying to do is have a sub vi that can be toggled on and off from the front panel and have a second sub vi run and open a new front panel/gui when a second button is pressed on the main front panel. I would also like it if the second button required the first button to be in the off position in order for it to be turned on.

The goal is to have a continuously updating scale system(First sub vi), but be able to recalibrate when needed(Second sub vi).

If you could help or just point me in the direction of some relevant examples I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

dnorman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,020 Views)

All of the features you're asking for are very easy to add and control in LabVIEW once you know what you're looking for. To show the Front Panel of a SubVI, open the VI and navigate to its "Customize Window Appearance" window (this is in File>VI Properties, select Category: Window Appearance, then click "Customize"). Check the "Show Front Panel when called" checkbox.

However, there are quite a few other properties you'll likely want to edit as well, so it would be best to review the LabVIEW Topic: "Customize Window Appearance Dialog Box".

In your main VI, put the SubVI in the True case of a Case Structure, then connect your button to the selector terminal. The more complex behavior your asking for can be achieved using multiple case structures.

------

Matt Kirk

Inventor of ImageJVI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,007 Views)