From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple reentrant clones with not reentrant FGV timer

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm not sure how to integrate that DVR idea into FGV timer...

I could create reentrant timer as a while loop (but not like in FGV, this loop will not be limited to one iteration - see snippet below) and insert DVR inside it. In DVR will be store (as a variant attribute) time results form every created timer clone.

I'm assuming that it is not what You talking about Sam Sharp, so please, can You clear things up for me?

simple timer.png

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,032 Views)

Essentially your timer 'data' is the start time and the timer duration - so create a cluster with those items and store that as a variant attribute (with the name of your timer) in your DVR variant.

For the DVR reference you could either retrieve that from a Global as crossrulz said or read it from a non-reentrant FGV (a DVR is a reference to the data, not the data itself so you're only reading the reference like you would with a queue or other reference). Or you can just wire the DVR reference around...

Then you can create a timer VI just like you had but has an extra input for the timer name which you use to pull out the timer data from your DVR.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(1,016 Views)