LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple event cases refer to same image/graph

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use button clicks as different events to trigger a different events that will all still use the same graph (an image from a camera). Is there a simple way to do this? I am working through the training videos but this does not appear to show up.

Thanks

See below for a more clear question

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,365 Views)

I'm sorry, but I don't have any idea what you are trying to do.  You refer to "button clicks" (mouse button?  Boolean switch?), graph, image, events.  You want "clicks as different events to trigger a different events" ... does this may sense to you?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,351 Views)

In trying to be general that might have been too little information... To expand a bit more:

There is one intesity graph I am sending a 2-d array to to visualize (it is the image off of a camera). I would like to use that same graph to plot when the program is in different states. For example, one mode to perform single image acquisition display one image to the graph, one mode to show the graph while performing image processing, a mode to play a sequence of images off of the disk or from memory, etc.,

The example .VIs that came with the camera use a Case Structure to switch between different modes of the camera. I can easily use button clicks (boolean switches on my Front Panel) to switch to different cases in the Case Structure, but I cannot figure out a way to make all of the cases refer to the same graph for image plotting. It just makes a new graph each time instead.

Any ideas? I'm open to using a differently structured program, there are just a lot of shared initialization steps that make the Case Structure method seem reasonable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,349 Views)

By button clicks I mean booleans that I add to my Front Panel. For example one would put me in a case where I am streaming from the camera (and displaying to the inensity graph).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,348 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sholtz

@StephenHoltz wrote:

It just makes a new graph each time instead.

What is "it" that makes that?

If the intensity graph is shared by all cases, its terminal simply belongs after the case or event structure.

Can you attach a simplified VI that shows what you are trying to do?

Message 5 of 7
(3,326 Views)

Unless you add another graph, one won't magically appear.  Wire your case structure into the graph.  Then, whichever case being executed will determine to data and send it to the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,309 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

If the intensity graph is shared by all cases, its terminal simply belongs after the case or event structure.

This pointed me in the right direction, now my graph is outside of the case structure (and is passed zeros in all of the states where it doesn't need to be populated). That seems to work.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,300 Views)