LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cluster type def not updating

Solved!
Go to solution

I combined Cluster A and Cluster B with bundle by name into Cluster C.  Cluster C is passed into a state machine through a shift register.   In some states, there are subvis with Cluster C as an input.  All the Clusters are type-def, 

When I change Cluster A, I would expect Cluster C to update as well, but it became broken.  Why is that?  

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(2,724 Views)

I suspect the C in question is not linked tot he type def. Youcan tell be right-clicking it and if it has a option to Open Type def... it is linked.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 28
(2,721 Views)

I checked.  All of them are linked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(2,704 Views)

Did you try placing cluster C on an empty VI and seeing if it updates there when you edit one of the clusters that make it up?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 4 of 28
(2,700 Views)

Then I would switch to the wiring tool, switch on the floating help and then start floating over all of your wires to make sure they are what you expect. When defing the types of SRs LV will demote SR if you slip up.

So see what theire help says about your wire types.

If I think of anything else, I'll update.

Keep us updaed,

ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 28
(2,693 Views)

Yes, if I place cluster C on an empty Vi, and change changes to it, the update occured.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(2,655 Views)

All the date types are as they should be.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(2,653 Views)

Try test.vi.

If you add something in the test cluster type def, test.vi will become broken.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(2,651 Views)

Sorry but I could not look into this since there where so many missing type defs by the time I disconnected it was meaningless.

Try using a "save for previous..." and choose the same version of LV (this will give you a dialog and let you save the VI and its sub's to a new folder). That way ou will get all of the type defs thta go with your demo.

another approach would be to open the "Test" and look at the hierachry screen with full paths showing and flaot over each sub-vi/ctrl to ensure you did not miss anything.

I tried!

Why do you have tab controls in those cluster?

Ben

Message 9 of 28
(2,637 Views)

Sorry, I thought I included everything.  I made a source distribution.  This should work.  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(2,629 Views)