From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple choice box

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I need help: I cannot check one box and drive uncheckable the 2 other boxes.
In the image below, I encircled the concerned area.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,004 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlainKabs

It seems to me that you picked the System >> Boolean >> System Radio Button. This is the wrong one. There is (on the same palette) the System Radio Buttons (plural!), which is a collection of Radio Buttons. The default configuration is that only on of these can be "active".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,983 Views)

Yup, Checkboxes are used for selecting a value or not like a boolean.  There is a version of a checkbox which has a True, False, or Mixed option so it has three states but it is independent of all other controls.  A radio button is where you must select one of N choices, and picking one, will turn the others off.

For instance this should be a radio button because there is only one option.

What is your favorite food?

Pizza

Burger

Apply

But if I ask this question you could select multiple items, so a checkbox would be better.

Why do you use LabVIEW?

It is easy

My boss said to

I enjoy graphical programming

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,940 Views)

Hello.

Thank you all, the answer works fine: System Radio ButtonS is exactly what I needed.
Have a nice weekend.

Alain.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,898 Views)