LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple axes for ordinary XY plots

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows if LabView has to ability to create multiple axes for plots. This seems like it'd be fairly common but I tried searching the help file and found nothing.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,525 Views)
One way of doing this, it may or may not be the best technique is to place the plot on the front panel. Right mouse click on the scale and hit duplicate scale. Then you can shift one of the two scales to the other side... Modify it how you please. Then when you plot the data, go to the plot information (Plot 0) etc... click on Y-scale, then choose the scale you want the data to be plotted against.

I certainly hope this helps.
Sincerely,
ElSmitho
Message 2 of 6
(2,523 Views)
Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,518 Views)

Thank you for your contribution but I have another question: I have a large number of plots, it's impossible to move manually all of them. Is there a way to assign this or that waveform to a certain axes? It's incredible this is so hard to do in Labview!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,227 Views)

post-17-1142298891[1]_BD.png

Loop through the individual plots and set the scale index.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,223 Views)

Thanks a lot!

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,207 Views)