LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Timed Loops on Same Board

Howdy,
Within a given VI, Is it possible/advisable to mix differing timed loops which act on the same M-series DAQ board? I wish to use one TL to do a single point acquire at the mega-Hz rate while doing I/O on another channel of the same board but at the kilo-Hz rate.

Regards,

Matthew Pausley
NC State University
Raleigh,NC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,287 Views)

@mepausle wrote:
single point acquire at the mega-Hz rate while doing I/O on another channel of the same board but at the kilo-Hz rate.

I doubt that it is even possible to do singel point at MHz rate. You should do this continious. I believe there is only 1 AI sample clock on most M-boards. But you could use a counter for the kHz channel.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,275 Views)

Also keep in mind that: all AI channels will have to be acquired in same task at common sampling rate.

Yu cannot acquire different AI channels at different rates at the same time. Reason, all AI cahnnels share a common ADC

The same limitation holds good for AO channels too

Message 3 of 4
(2,269 Views)
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Sounds like I have a fundamental problem with my approach/knowledge. Back to the tutorials!

Regards,
Matthew Pausley
NC State University
Raleigh,NC
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,256 Views)