LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Pulse Train Signals with CompactDAQ

I am trying to build a system that used multiple simultaneous pulse with signals to provide a throttle input to an engine.  The engine requires that the duty cycle of the second signal be 50% of whatever the duty cycle of the first signal is.  The duty cycle of the first cycle is related to a 0 to 4 V analog signal from a test cell control system. 

I initially tried to set it up running a 9482 module in a cDAQ-9174 chassis and using the ctr0 and ctr1 channels on the module.  The software was setup to divide the duty cycle setting to ctr0 by 2 for the ctr1 duty cycle input.  The problem I ran into is that when I ran the system, the duty cycles on both channels were the same.  I thought that maybe it was not possible to have multiple duty cycles simultaneously on a single module, so I went to two 9482 modules in the same chassis.  The result was the same.  When I put one module in a separate chassis I was able to get two different pulse duty cycles at the same time. 

Is there a limitation in the cDAQ chassis that prevents multiple duty cycle settings?  For timing I am using the DAQ MX Timing vi set to implicit.

Thank you,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,582 Views)

Hi Andy,

It looks like with the cDAQ 917x chassises, you can output two continuous pulse trains or one finite pulse train per chassis. Are you trying to use two finite pulse trains? If so this would explain the behavior you are experiencing.

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,541 Views)

Jake,

Thank you for the help.  I switched from finite to continious on my timing VI and it works fine now.

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,518 Views)