cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Ocean Optics HR2000+ Spectrometers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm running LabView 2011 SP1 on a PC running Windows 7 32-bit. I have three OO HR2000+ spectrometers (UV, VIS, NVIS) that I'm trying to run through LabView. I've managed to get a continuous waveform spectrum up and running for one spectrometer at a time, but my setup requires that I run all three simultaneously. I expanded my working VI to include the other two remaining spectrometers but when I run it by selecting 2 or 3 spectromter VISAs, the 1st spectrometer initializes but LabView errors out on initializing the rest, and I get this error message:

Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA Open in Ocean Optics 2000 4000.lvlib:Initialize.vi->specs.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid.

Attached is my sample VI. I modified it from the NI continuous waveform sample VI provided through the Ocean Optics 2000 4000 driver.

Any help on what may be wrong, or if I'm taking the wrong approach with my code would be greatly appreciated.

--Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,197 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaelHadrien

Hi Mike,

Can you verify that all three devices appear in Measurement and Automation Explorer? It is likely that you will have to create or install the USB Raw Mode driver for all three devices since that appears to be what the VIs are using for communication. 

In addition, it is not uncommon for the USB controller on the desktop to not supply enough power to run all of the USB devices at once. Can you verify that you are plugging the devices directly into the motherboard and not in the front of the computer or into a USB hub? If you try to communicate with just two devices, instead of all three, do you receive the same error message or are you able to communicate?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,177 Views)

Do you know if the drivers operate correctly in windows 7?. I have installed the files but appears error in code 18 in the window of device manager.

Anyone have a solution?. I trying with USB4000

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,162 Views)

Hello Diegin,

I just look into the readme file of the driver and it seems that it works with Windows 7.

Mr.O
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,142 Views)

Hi Milan,

Sorry for the late response! I had the spectrometers connected to a USB hub. While they were being detected in Win 7's device manager, MAX couldn't read them, so I plugged them directly to the back of the PC and that seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks!

--Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,129 Views)