cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilist Column

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to tabulate the data obtained from 2 analog pins. I've managed to do so by using multilist column. However, I do not know how to put the values on x-axis (time in seconds) into my table. Can anybody guide me?

Also, I've tried putting the table in a while loop to ensure that my data are plotted in the graph and tabulated in the table simultaneously but to no avail. The data is only tabulated after I stop the operation.

I'm unable to upload my file as it mentioned that file does not match its file type

Thank you in advance

Cheers,

Jamie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,306 Views)
Hi Jamie

You can use get time in seconds at timing palette for tabulation.

For plotting and tabulating data simultaneously, are you sure that indicator of table is inside the loop.

You can upload imag of block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,285 Views)

Hi sbarhe,

Below is the snapshot of my vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,273 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamieyeap91
Hi Jamie

You need to put "multilist column" itemnams inside the loop.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,229 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamieyeap91
Inside the loop with a shift register. Note though that the unbounded growth of the array will cause memory problems if run for an extended time.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,215 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for all the responses. I deeply appreciate the help you guys have provided to me.

Back to my project, when I shift the "Multicolumn Listbox" ItemNames into the loop, I am unable to wire the "Build Array" to it. It says different dimensions. What should I do? I'm also unsure of where to put the shift register since my values comes from the output of "LINX Analog Read". It's actually my first time using LabVIEW.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,179 Views)
Reread what I said about the shift register. You need that with another Build Array to create the necessary 2D array.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,167 Views)

Dennis_Knutson,

What do you mean by another Build Array? Did you take a look at the screenshot I've attached earlier? And why isn't my first Build Array output in array form instead it is in 1D array with 4 elements input into the Build Array function?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,158 Views)
Of course I took a look at it. You need the shift register and another build array to create the 2D that is required. You need both to keep appending rows - the single 1D array that you have now. You simply can't write a 1D source to a 2D sink.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,148 Views)

Hi Dennis_Knutson

I've managed to get what I've wanted. Thanks for your help!

Also many thanks to the others who helped me out. 🙂

Kudos to all

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,122 Views)