LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicolumn listbox scrolling problem

Multicolumn listbox contains test data. As user starts test, it is required that the horizontal scroll bar move to the right edge so that the right most column is viewable. Second, as the tests are running the multicolumn listbox is supposed to scroll to the test row being run. I have achieved it through the Top Left Visible Cell property. But then user can disable autoscrolling feature. When it is re-enabled, the row being currently run becomes the top row (by scrolling). Here is the problem (with horizontal scroll bar). Suppose user has scrolled horizontally to a certain position. How do I let it remain/retain while scrolling the verticalbar to the currently running row. As I set the Top Left Visible Cell property, the horizontal bar is forced to a position defined by Top Left Visible Cell property's column parameter, that is, I want to make the currently executing row visible, by scrolling to it, but not move the horizontal scroll bar?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,613 Views)

Hello Rashid-Malik

Would it be possible to get a sample VI to check out the problem your facing and how you have approached it as of now ???

Thank you

Derick Mathew
Message 2 of 4
(2,586 Views)

Can you not read the top left cell property, change only the row, and write it back again?

Message 3 of 4
(2,573 Views)

Yes that is exactly what I am doing. But the problem is that doing so adjusts the horizontal scroll bar with the left edge of the left most visible column, that is adjusts the moves the horizontal scroll bar to left and what is desired is that it be left where user has positioned it (that is maybe not coinciding with the left most edge of the left most visible cloumn). (Is that even possible?).

Second, how do you position the scroll bar to the right most edge of the multi column list box, whenever such is required, without making the not being used right columns (that is not scrolling beyond the boundary of right most data column) visible?

Thanks for your replys guys.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,569 Views)