cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicolumn create item index

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

i have to create an index from A to ... in a multicolumn listbox related to the number of row from an other multicolumn listbox (). I have write this code but it not work, I don't understand why the for loop is executed only one time.... Thanks

PS: i use labview 8.5

Immagine.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,894 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ypkdani

Your array constant that you've wired in there is only size 1x1 and For loops iterate the lowest number of times that they can. So your N might be 3, but it will only loop once because your auto-indexed array only has 1 value to index through.

Just do this:

AllRowsItemNames.png

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."  - Abraham Lincoln

Here are some free training tools to help get started.

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,869 Views)

Thanks for the reply, sorry but i didn't understand very well .... is my first time with labview after many year.

I have change the code for a better implementation but i have a problem to create an array of string, i don't understand the component that you have used in the solution proposed. I attached the new software.

Thanks for your time!
Daniele

Immagine.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ypkdani

Ok, i have found the solution. If i connect the two components in the image i obtain an error, pressing the right button of the mouse and selecting built array i have solved!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,828 Views)

If you have LabVIEW 2014 or newer, you can drag the image (snippet) that I included above directly to your block diagram, FYI.

Please mark the solution for this topic so that others can better find the solution matching their needs.

I HIGHLY suggest you look in to the training links I included above. They will help you get a better grasp of how to use LabVIEW and save you time in the end.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,815 Views)