From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multichannel DAQ input and indivudually shown waveform graphs

Hi,

I was looking on these two examples (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Example-Submissions/Measuring-RMS-Value-for-an-Analog-Input/ta-p/...) and (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/DAQmx-Acquire-with-Multiple-Channel-Input-Ranges/ta-p/34911...) as a help on how to create a multi-channel interface that individually show graphs and numeric values.

I made my interface, but I don't have an idea how to enable it to show every single graph and their respective numeric values. Any help?

Block diagram is made in LabVIEW 2016.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,767 Views)

What exactly are you having trouble with? The Physical Channels input is where you would type in the channels that you will be reading in and then these channels will be output to your graph. What are you seeing, or not seeing? Are you getting any errors?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,709 Views)

If I'm interpreting your message correctly, there is a very simple answer, but I'd figure you'd already know this and wouldn't need to ask.  Are you asking for an Index Array function on the array of waveforms to breakout the individual waveforms?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,701 Views)

I need to get individual waveforms and numeric values (DC, RMS, peak-to-peak, +peak, -peak) for every single input, not all the inputs at the same waveform graph for example. I don't know how to achieve this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,684 Views)

Hi vedran,

you read an array of waveforms from your DAQ device: use an autoindexing loop on that array and calculate all values inside the loop on the individual waveforms!

I made my interface

This (the "autoindexing" part) is very basic LabVIEW stuff: did you notice the suggestions to learn LabVIEW given in the header of the LabVIEW forum?

As you talk about an "interface": please do those beginner tutorials. It really helps when you know the correct terms in LabVIEW like "block diagram"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,682 Views)