LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-User Environment

HI,

So if you have so many labview machines then what is the problem,just make a copy of the code into different machines and run the test program.

vicky

Message 11 of 18
(928 Views)
Thats is what i would like to know. Do i have to copy all my Vi's to those computers, or can I store it on a central server. Obviously i must make an installer or Exe for it.

Press "F" to format your disk, or "F" to cancel.
Message 12 of 18
(928 Views)

Hi,

Ok ,so what you do if you dont want to create a exe or application is just create a .lib file and save it in all the pc's and use it.by this you will have only one file to handle.

hope this solves your problem.

vicky

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(921 Views)
Thnx!!! It looks like it worked. I created a. LLB file and i can open this and work on every computer with it. But i have only 1 issue. I have a configuration file, that is read with ReadKey.vi (and open configuration data) and i would like to add this to the LLB file (if that is possible).
As you can see i'm using the Current Vi' path as directory. When i'm using the .LLB file the program gives an error that it can't find the configuration file:

Could somebody tell me how I can add the Configuration file to this LLB file or give me a good hint how to solve this problem ?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(903 Views)

Use a probe to read the path which is passed to the config file vis.

I think you made it correctly, but you just append a filename without an extension. Is this correct? If you have a *.ini file you have to appen "EfficiencyTest.ini" to the build path function.

Thomas

Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(898 Views)
Yep this works, but i made it .ini now to be sure 🙂 But i Probe the Vi path using the "Current VI's Path". Should i store this configuration file on a default place ? I would like it to be "compiled" with the LLB file if this is possible.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(895 Views)

As far as I know it is not possilbe to store any other files than *.vi, *.vit, *.ctl in a llb.

And what do you mean with "compile with the llb file"?

Using LV8.0
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(886 Views)
Maybe not the right word, but i meant that you can add (compile) this file with the LLB file. If you are not sure you can add an external file to this LLB file, i think i will store it on a central place 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(883 Views)