LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Record Acquisiton HSDIO 6561

I have six PXI-6561 cards monitoring 72 digital lines, 12 per card. I want to run a VI for up to 1-hour, using Match Pattern (or similar) to grab a waveform for rising edge events on any digital line. Not all digital lines will see a rising edge, and some may see 10,000 rising edge events. Sample Rate 2MHz, record length 10-points is fine, as I'm only interested in the arrival time of each pulse.

I've successfully coded for one 6561 Card, using “pattern not matching” xxxx000000000000 (only 12 lines from 16 used on each card). This works okay because the card sees an event, however, when I move to 6-cards, the code returns errors because the number of events specified has not been reached for every card. How can I code for any number of events? I'd like GUI to have real-time count of the number of events detected for each line, but can’t see a property node for this.

I’ve attached my code for a single card as .llb.

My data output format will be a list of events detailing the Time-of-Arrival from t0:

Line-1 TOA 0.0000005

Line-1 TOA 0.0001050

Line-23 TOA 0.0000010

Line-71 TOA 0.0000500 etc… .etc….

My "Add Attachment" link does not open a file open window, will try to add code tomorrow after a reboot. Font size, smileys etc dissapeared too ??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,856 Views)

upload working today, formatting bar back too....  here's the code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,831 Views)

I now have a plan to use niHSDIO Wait Until Done and niHSDIO Reset to work around the problem.  I will post results when complete.

Message Edited by bmann2000 on 01-27-2009 09:55 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,808 Views)

Hi bmann2000,

I hope you are well.  Thank you for you post.  I hope your application is going ok and I look forward to seeing your results to see if we can help you further.

Kind regards,

Prashant M
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,761 Views)

Hi Prashant,  I'm back on this job after a bit of a break.  I did not manage to find a soution that would give me a real-time display of the edges captured.  Can you put me in touch with an NI engineer who has experience of the 6561 card?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,472 Views)

Hi bmann2000,

This is now a very old thread and as a result I would recommend posting your questions in a new thread as you will invariably receive a much better response. Its also a good idea to link this original thread in your new post.

Thanks,

Christian Hartshorne

NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,453 Views)