LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Much time consume in measuring Phase (degree ) of 50HZ sinusoidal signal.

Hi

i made a small program of degree measurement of a 50 Hz signal. in this program i just made easy comparison for testing the program which is,

if degree is < 180 then y=10

else

y=5

but results of detection degree of wave are too slow and due to this it almost remain at ELSE condition. but i need fast detction and comparison because i will used this program in my real time application which is based on the present degree value  of a 50HZ signal simulated inside in the labview environment. kindly guide me that the speed of detection and comparison is correct or somewhere i did mistake in the program. i will be highly thankfull to you

with best regards

mudasir ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,548 Views)

It seems pretty obvious that you don't know much LabVIEW, and also don't know much (any?) Signal Theory.

Suppose I give you a Signal taken at some unspecified rate.  I run it through a mysterious process that tells me (a) the frequency (or frequencies) in the Signal, the amplitude(s) of the Signal, and (c) the phase(s) of the Signal.  How would you find the sample index in the Signal when the Signal is at 180°?  [What does it even mean for the Signal to be at 180°?  How does a circular degree measurement relate to the frequency, amplitude and phase of the Signal, and to the rate at which it is sampled?]

Note -- those questions are for you to think about, and are hints to get you thinking "in the right direction".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,537 Views)

Dear sir,

your are right i am new user of labview and i dont know much about the labview that's why i posted my question here to save time and get proper direction.

with best regards

mudasir ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,521 Views)

Delete the first line from my post and read the rest of it, which has nothing to do with LabVIEW, but with your understanding of what you want to do, in particular, what 180° means in the context of your data stream.  [Hint -- you have sampled data, but there are no "degree markings" on it.]

I'm assuming you are a student.  If so, find a sophomore or junior Electrical Engineering student (who presumably knows something about signals, including sampled signals) and him or her to help you with the concepts.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)