LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving NIFPGA directory

Hi,

I already posted this question in "LabVIEW embedded" without success:

In order to free space on my c: partition I moved the NIFPGA86 folder to another partition. Additionally I changed the paths in the compiler (clntTmp and srvrTmp). In FPGA 8.5 this worked for me without problems, but in 8.6 the compiler stops with the error "Error starting compile step: Make sure a compatible version of Xilinx Tools is installed at the location specified in the LabVIEW FPGA installer."

Where can I change the path for the Xilinx-Folder (not the clntTmp and srvrTmp folders!)? Or can I install the FPGA-Module with a different path?

Thanks for help, Gunnar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,130 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,121 Views)
The hints didn't solve the problem. The issue is, that in LV 8.5 you could change the compiler path (additionally to the clnTmp and srvrTmp) to ?:\NIFPGA8x\Xilinx. This option doesn't exist anymore in 8.6...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,114 Views)

I found the registry-entry for this. It's under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\LabVIEW\8.6\AddOns\FPGA

There you can edit the path for the compiler. Now the compiler works as usual...

Message 4 of 5
(5,108 Views)

Just to share: I had some troubles to find the registries, because I have a 64 bit OS. In this case the registries can be found under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\LabVIEW\14.0\AddOns\FPGA\

Also: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\LabVIEW\10.0\AddOns\FPGA\CompileWorkerPath and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\FPGA CompileWorker\1.0\WorkingDirectory

Best regards,

Message 5 of 5
(4,084 Views)