cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Average, Allowed Deviation, & Time Stamp Measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have this vi that take measurements data, finds running average, and suppose to count the number of times it exceeded the allowed deviation and time stamp whenever a measurement exceeds the threshold value from the running average. There is a problem in my algorithm, can someone please take a look?

Known problem:

-- number of exceeded times should reset only when cycle time=passed time.

I'll be happy to hear any suggestions you might have.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,141 Views)

I did a little work on your vi and simplified it. I think it is doing what you want. I am not sure what the threshold part is doing so I left it. You were having problems with the local variables and you had a few greater thans hooked up backward. If you do not understand what I did let me know and I will explain it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,125 Views)

Hi  Aeastet,

Thank you for your help, but I'm not able to open this vi since I have LabVIEW 2009. Can you please save it in an older format?

The threshold control controls how sensitive the measurement has to be (if the boolean switches to true on 5um, 10um, and etc...)

This vi is part of a larger vi where I use particle analysis....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,118 Views)

Sorry I forget to downgrade it.

Here you go.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,115 Views)

Thank you it works great, but I have one question: how come the time is always set on 4pm? When it sends it to the array sometime it sends the correct time and some times it sends 4pm.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,107 Views)

Because you had a time stamp control hooked up to the dat time. You needed to replace it with a get time and dat in seconds. See my attached. You may also want to look at the moving average. I reinitilize it after the elapsed time has expired. I am not sure it you want it to work that way.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,101 Views)

Sure, that's actually better to reinitialize it. Thanks.

But I'm afraid the time stamp to array still doesn't work when I run it.... 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,095 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author simply_me

Here you go. I think this is what you want.

Tim
GHSP
Message 8 of 10
(3,088 Views)

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,084 Views)

you are welcome.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,078 Views)