From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moveable PDA windows

Is it possible to deploy moveable windows windows to a PDA device using the PDA coding module?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,721 Views)
As far as I know, Windows Mobile and PocketPC do not support multiple windows (other than dialog popups), so if you have no window, you obviously won't be able to move it.

(3,717 Views)
What are you trying to accomplish?  There may be another way that we could suggest.

To answer your original question, I don't think you can move the windows that the PDA module uses.  Perhaps you could have a "root" window and have what you are looking to have be mobile in a pop-up of some sort?  I believe that they are moveable.

With a better idea of what you are trying to accomplish, maybe there is a better solution.

Hope that this helps,
Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,712 Views)

Hi Bob,

We are investigating the feasibility of using a handheld PDA device as a user interface to an external DSP card capable of synthetic instrumentation. Instrument function capabilities of the DSP card would be DSO, DMM along with many others. The DSP card is connected to the PDA via USB.

Several issues are arising, one of which is the non-moveable windows that LV PDA module creates. The PDA I have comes with several demo programs (created with VB and C++), all of which feature moveable windows.

Another, more major issue, is obtaining USB drivers for the Win CE PDA.

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,708 Views)