LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move or delete a file after a time period

How would such a program look that the user specifies the length of time that the file should be moved or deleted after or if a file size goes over a certain limit?

LabVIEW 2013

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,777 Views)

While loop that periodically checks the file size and modified date (File/Directory Info function should do it).  If it goes higher in size and elapsed time, delete or move and quit.  I would use a wait of something like 500ms.  Also allow a way for the user to stop the loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(2,766 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

Would it be possible to see a simple VI example of this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,762 Views)

Something like this

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 8
(2,753 Views)

How would the user choose between moving or deleting the file after that time period ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,734 Views)

@PauldePaor wrote:

How would the user choose between moving or deleting the file after that time period ?

Boolean switch.  Enum.  The enum would probably be the better way since it is more self documenting and easier for the user to see what is happening.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,728 Views)

How would the enum work if the greater than function is already wired to the case selector?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,723 Views)

You have another case structure inside of the current case structure.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,718 Views)