LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse wheel scroll event ON CHANGE?

Hi Mike.

I found your Scroll_Event_V2 and looks great.

It also started to work great, while developping.

However, after buildind the .exe, it does not work: scroll whell events seem to not be received.

I've read here that V2 does nor work under 64bits; how come it works perfectly while developping and only stops in stand alone?

Is there any "work-around on the works"? (I mean, it IS VERY USEFULL, since LV does not have it)

Another thing:

in ME_StopEventEngine.vi, there is a call to Dequeue Element without specifying timeout. While developing, the application terminates correctly. In standalone, it hangs there and never terminates (besides not receiving the events, as I wrote before). Is there a reason for not specifying the timeout?

I tried adding a 100ms timeout to that call and it now terminates correctly.

Any hel would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Gyc

PS - I am using W764bits + LabView 2011SP1 (32 bits).

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,527 Views)

@Gyc wrote:

Hi Mike.

I found your Scroll_Event_V2 and looks great.

It also started to work great, while developping.

However, after buildind the .exe, it does not work:

Is ME_EventEngine.vit already included into the build?

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,509 Views)

damm... of course....  Smiley Embarassed

Thanks Andrey.

G.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,506 Views)

Are there any other unfortunate developers around like me that still have to deal with mouse scroll polling instead of the great new LV2013 Mouse Wheel Event? 

The application I work on is in LV2012 SP1 and there are several Mouse Wheel Scroll implementations. When accessing a PC by Remote Desktop Connection, the Mouse Scroll is absolute and not incremental, which can have fatal consequences. On the other side, using the safe absolute way for the incremental Mouse Scroll makes it not very responsive there... 

Does anyone have a smart and fast logic or hint how to detect whether the Mouse Scroll behaves absolute or incremental? Maybe even a NI employee, as it looks as NI implemented a good way to detect this. I tested the new LV2013 Mouse Wheel Event and it behaves nicely even through Remote Desktop.

Mike, who made the nice examples on this post seems to be not very present any more on LAVA. He presents a way to detect this on his Non-Lexical Vocables homepage, but it doesn't work so fast as it should for me. His second version of Mouse Scroll "Scroll_Event_V2" behaves nicely through through Remote Desktop, but there's the dependency on dll's.

Any better ideas?

david

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,044 Views)

@CharlesB64 wrote:

It looks great! Unfortunately it's broken on 64 bit systems. Could you post source code of the DLL, or a 64 bit version?

Thanks a lot

Charles

Attached the modified version V3 (LV2016, based on Mike's V2) which should work on both 32 and 64 bit OS. Source code (a bit modified) of the Windows Message Queue Library is also attached.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(758 Views)