LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse down & mouse down in one event

I am trying to put a mouse down with a mouse down in the same event. The first mouse down is to control a graph and the second a table. When I add the second mouse down event the Graph mouse down doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,734 Views)

Please attach your code. Seems to work just fine in my limited testing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,729 Views)

Can you post code?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,727 Views)

What I think I am doing wrong is I was using property nodes with references to the control instead of having direct property nodes. I am currently changing these I will update if I still have the same problem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,722 Views)

@PauldePaor wrote:

What I think I am doing wrong is I was using property nodes with references to the control instead of having direct property nodes. I am currently changing these I will update if I still have the same problem

That should not make a difference. What do your property nodes have to do with the events problem described earlier?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,709 Views)

My property nodes were wired to the CtlRef on the Event Data Node and when I added the second mouse down event it stopped that working for some reason. I just right clicked the graph and made direct property nodes of the same properies and this solved the problem

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,704 Views)

Define "stopped working". Broken arrow? Event no longer reacts?, etc.

If you think there is a bug, you should attach a simplified version of the VI so we (and NI) can investigate.

Theoretically, it should work just fine using the control reference from the event data node.

But yes, if there are references to two different classes of controls, you probably need to upcast the reference to the more specific class, depending on the properties you want.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,696 Views)

By stopped working I mean a broken run arrow and disabled property nodes giving broken wires

I have attached the xy graph code being used

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,690 Views)

If you mix two types of controls in the event, you need to cast the reference to the more specific class to get all desired properties.

Message 9 of 10
(2,681 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

If you mix two types of controls in the event, you need to cast the reference to the more specific class to get all desired properties.

Thanks for your help altenbach

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,678 Views)