LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MonthCalendar window cut off on RHS

Solved!
Go to solution
The MonthCalendar .net control display is cut off on the RHS. I'm using LV9 on Window 7 32bit. I've tried resizing the control but it reverts to the default when the vi is run. I also tried changing the size from property node without success. This problem is repeatable on multiple systems. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,737 Views)

Can you show a screenshot of what is happening?  Even post a VI has an example so others can see if they have a problem?

What is "RHS"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CGMENG

I assume RHS = Right Hand Side.

My advice is to bag the .NET calendar and use the ActiveX MonthView Control instead.

18589i50636216C3655312

Message 3 of 16
(5,716 Views)

RHS = right hand side, with the example you posted that makes sense.  But that is a bit of a reach for someone to figure out that abbreviation without any example.  Why would anyone think that abbreviation is obvious?

If you look closely, it is also affected BS.

Spoiler

(Bottom Side)

Does it behave this way on older versions of LabVIEW?  My guess is that this can be classified as a bug.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,708 Views)

Thanks!  I'll use the active X version.  I was looking for it under the old name but didn't find it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,702 Views)

I am having the same problem with the .Net MonthCalendar control in LV 2010 (32-bit) and Windows 2007 (Professional 64-bit, don't ask why I didn't install the 64-bit LabVIEW). The Friday and Saturday columns are being cut-off when the control is dropped, and during run-time. The auto-size property is disabled by default. I do not see this problem on my LV 2010 installation on Windows XP

drop on diagram dropping control

after resize after resizing

auto-size disabled=   auto-size disabled

running  running (no Friday and Saturday anymore)

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -- Galileo Galilei

Message 6 of 16
(5,569 Views)

If you go to the example finder and open the .NET Event Callback for Calendar Control.vi from Communicating with External Applications>>.NET.  Does this work?  If you expand the calandar on the front panel first, does this work?  

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,544 Views)

To answer the second question - No. I will try the example on my Windows 7 machine later. The example and the calendar work fine when I'm using XP

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -- Galileo Galilei

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,524 Views)

The .Net calendar example exhibits the same behavior (cutting off Friday and Saturday columns) when LabVIEW 2010 is installed on Windows XP.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,512 Views)

This appears to be a bug. I have recreated it in Windows 7 on LabVIEW 2010 SP1. It happens when the VI starts or stops. If you adjust the property node Container Bounds Width and Height at the beginning of execution, the size will remain consistent until execution ends. If you make the .NET Container larger it will stay at a larger size once reaching a certain size threshold (this is not a fix, but is obviously not expected behavior and can be used in lue of finding other controls or waiting for a better solution). Finding another version of the control (the ActiveX one mentioned above, for instance) is a better work around in the mean time while this issue is investigated.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,476 Views)