LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring database updation / LAN connection

Local database which is in PC where application is running, and network database which is server in remote PC. if it handles all by itself then when LAN disconnected and later when connected again why data is not updated? just a question.

My only concern is during testing if LAN disconnected then data is not updated to main SQL and hence in later stage when same record is checked, it is not present although LAN is connected again. How to ensure that LAN is connected and record is being updated to DB without being read it back. In previous post someone suggested me for DB transaction. 

In short, if LAN is disconnected then my application should be able to find it and generate an error message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(300 Views)
The way replication typically works (though this is configurable) is that the databases can either check on a regular schedule for data that needs to be exchanged, or replicate the data to the target destination as soon as there is new data.
If an update fails for any reason, the databases will reattempt the data transfer the next time the replication is triggered (scheduled time or new data). In general it will not just sit there and keep trying over and over again -- which is a good thing as blind retries could eat up a bunch of processor time and network bandwidth.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(296 Views)

I doubt if setting is done in my server. Can you please let me know from where I can do this setting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(287 Views)
As I said originally, Google is the place to find detailed information -- start with "sql server replication" as a search term. And don't forget to leverage your in-house IT resources.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(262 Views)