LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying and saving a FPGA VI takes too long

Hello,

When I modify an existing FPGA VI and click save LabView freezes for up to 30s. Does anyone have a similar problem or know of a solution? I have ProcessMonitor logs when this happens, they show a bunch of PATH_NOT_FOUND open queries and NAME_NOT_FOUND registry open queries; I can share those if someone would take a look. It's only the FPGA VIs that do that, everything else is a breeze on this machine.

Using:

LabView 2010 10.0f2 32-bit with FPGA Module 2010.

Computer:

Core i7-860

4 GB RAM

128 GB OCZ Vertex4 SSD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,370 Views)

Is this happening with all the FPGA VI's located under the FPGA target, even when trying to save a blank VI? Do any of the FPGA VI's contain one or more large xnodes, such as a DSP48E node or the IP Intergration node? If so, this is a known bug with LabVIEW FPGA 2010 that was fixed and resolved in 2011.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,343 Views)

djDannyK:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, all the VIs are located under the FPGA target tree in the same LabView project. No, saving a blank VI is "instantaneous". None of the VIs contain any xnodes. Any other ideas? Do you think it's just reasonable because it is a "large application"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,320 Views)

@solarsd wrote:

None of the VIs contain any xnodes.

Are you sure about this? My guess is that many FPGA-specific features are implemented as xnodes; I think, but am not sure, that this includes IO, reading and writing to memory, and FIFO operations.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,317 Views)

Do you have any VIs under the FPGA target that you are not currently using but have missing subVIs? There were features in LabVIEW FPGA that would inspect all the VIs under the FPGA target to ensure the changed VIs did not invalidate other hierarchies. If a VI had bad/missing links the system would try to find those missing files which could take quite a long time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,303 Views)