LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified NI HTML Report VIs, need to change default location

Hello,

I've modified some of the included NI HTML Report VIs (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb) and would like to include them in my project directory so that other developers don't have to modify their NI base libraries to run my code.  So far I've been unable to locate any information regarding this.  Can anyone provide guidance or point me to documentation that may be helpful?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,494 Views)

Hi,

It is not recommended to modify the actual Vis that ship with LV. You should make a copy of those VIs that you would like to modify and add them to the project.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,476 Views)

This is what I am trying to accomplish.  The VIs have already been copied, but have the same name.  When the project is transferred to another developer, a lot of conflict errors are generated because they have the same name.  Is there a way to tell the top level VIs to look for the updated VIs in the project directory rather than in the LabVIEW directory?  It is a non-trivial amount of work to rename the modified VIs and update the project at this point.  We'd like to avoid it if it's possible, but don't have our fingers crossed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,452 Views)

Hi,

Any other solution than renaming those VIs will be more complicated and harder to implement. You can change the search setting of  LabVIEW to took in a specific folder first, but this will cascade to all your VIs and might cause more issue. I would rename the modified VIs to solve this issue.

Thanks and have a great day.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,438 Views)