cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model interface toolkit (MIT) code generation failes in simulink

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm running into an odd Simulink Coder failure and I can't tell if this is due to an NI/MIT but or a general Simulink Coder issue.

System:

Windows 7

Matlab/Simulink R2013b w/ Simulink Coder

MIT 2013 SP1

System target file = "NIVeriStand_VxWorks.tlc"

Not that we even get to this point but... my "WindRiver GNU Toolchain Setup Path" is properly configured to: c:\gccdist\supplemental\setup-gcc.bat

The attached image shows the error I'm getting:

"Error: Invalid character in: 'SMA_model/SMA Driven Arm/wire/Heat Transfer Model/ ', exiting code generation. The name cannot end with / character".

In the image you can see that the "Heat Transfer Model" subsystem in fact does not have a "/" in the name. 

Has anyone else ever run into this code generation problem before? If so, any suggestions on how to get around it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,178 Views)

That error is actually being reported by Simulink® before the build process begins. I'm guessing you would see it regardless of the TLC file you choose. Interestingly, in my tests here Simulink® doesn't allow me to leave a subsystem with a "/" at the end of the name. It automatically changes the name back to what it was before I tried to add the "/." That same error you see in the compilation window is displayed in the command line output when I attempt it. It looks like I'm running a different version than you though. 

The screen shot doesn't really confirm the subsystem block name itself, at least the hierarchy at the top of the window appears to have parsed out all backlashes. Could you provide a screenshot of the heat transfer model subsystem block? 

MATLAB®, Simulink®, and Real-Time Workshop® are registered trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc.  All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,137 Views)

Here's the subsystem

@Zach-H wrote:

The screen shot doesn't really confirm the subsystem block name itself, at least the hierarchy at the top of the window appears to have parsed out all backlashes. Could you provide a screenshot of the heat transfer model subsystem block? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,134 Views)

That's still not the subsystem block itself. That's the contents. Go up a level to Wire and look there. 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,130 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Southern_Cross

Turns out that there was a block in a subsystem who's name somehow got changed to " ". This can be found with by running,

x = find_system('SMA_model/SMA Driven Arm/wire/Heat Transfer Model/','LookUnderMasks','all')

or by running,

hilite_system('SMA_model/SMA Driven Arm/wire/Heat Transfer Model/ ') % note the space at end

Once the name was changed to something sensible everything built as expected...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,087 Views)