From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus TCP Ethernet Connection

Hello,

I hope someone can help me to find out what is the problem using modbus tcp ethernet available from the ni library.

I have Labview 2012 installed and i'm trying to communicate with some ethernet cards through modbus tcp. Using labview modbus ethernet master and slave examples in the same computer allowed me to understand how the basic modbus communication is done in Labview, but when trying to connect to other modbus programs or even the ethernet cards, it shows the error 56 (exceeded time limit). When using a communication monitor to analyse the modbus commands, i've noticed that the MB ethernet example master always sends the same message, despite of the changes in the subVI that are done before execution. The message sent from the example is like this 

followed by another message of 

Error 2 does not allow broadcast

Since i've tested every part of the example, changed it to write single register and see if the message sent was different from the original and getting always the same result, i'm starting to think that LabView 2012 has some problem using modbus tcp ethernet communication. 

What can i change in modbus functions in LabView MB ethernet example master subvis to be able to send to ethernet cards modbus tcp messages like:

Write Single register (to register 68)

00000000000601060044FFFF

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,491 Views)