From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Slave Demon - Executable cannot find VI.

I have included in my application Modbus Ethernet Example Slave, which I've altered a bit ( only the inside of While Loop ). Everything is working fine until I've come to using an executable built from my project.

When I start it I got: Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in Modbus Init.vi->Main_v0.3.5.vi

Possible reason: LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system.

In my project library I have Modbus Ethernet Example Slave in directory where the .lvproj file is, and the so the "Open VI Refference.vi"  gets it from there (path is built using "Application Directrory Constant" + Name of VI).
I've also set "Always include" for MB Eth Example Slave in build properties but I still get the error of not founding the VI.

Do You have any idea why is it happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,348 Views)

For your example, your exe has to reside in the same folder as the project as well. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,340 Views)