From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modal windows not frontmost

Does anyone have any news about this topic?

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(575 Views)

To confirm, this only happens on Window 7 and with the same EXE, it will only happen once every 50 to 100 times the code runs. If you have TWO modal subwindows on different parts of the screen over the startup full screen window, the frequencey increases. So if NI wants a way to simulate this, make a bunch of small modal windows that all load after the main screen should have appeared.

In our case, this is a very bad problem, as the customers do not have keyboards and they have to turn off the  power...

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(512 Views)

I have this issue too, and I am using Windows 10. Typically, floating windows appear in reverse order that they are called. Each floating window that is loaded will be on top of any that were loaded prior. Modal windows (are supposed to) take priority over all default windows and floating windows, and their order is always the last called modal should be on top. However, as this is not always happening (model windows keep appearing hidden behind floating windows), I have steered away from using modal windows at all. When I load floating windows, their stackup seems to work reliably. I have at times also implemented a window hiding VI that I like to use so I don't have open windows stacked on other windows as it looks cluttered. I simply change the transparency of the calling window to 100% while I call the other window, then change it to 0% upon its return. For this to work, the windows you want to hide have to be set up this way. 

jgvarner57_0-1708546059317.png

Then I call this VI (show hide front panel.vi - attached) to hide the calling window, and then show it when he sub-vi exits. As property nodes do not work when an error enters, I wire the error in and error out separately, otherwise things can become unpredictable.

jgvarner57_1-1708546174440.png

jgvarner57_2-1708546189030.png

Make sure each calling VI you want hidden has this at the beginning:

jgvarner57_3-1708546431036.png

and this at the end.

jgvarner57_4-1708546462223.png

and I implement it this way.

jgvarner57_5-1708546509870.png

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(90 Views)