From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixing Specific and Class IVI Driver Calls

It does not matter how I then solve this (I don't want 100 % interoperability) and it is also not relevant why I want to use IVI .
Can we just once come back to my original question why the combining of IVI classes in an executable file is about this error message?

You also do not have to answer if you don't want.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,209 Views)
Sorry, I don't know why the typecast would work in development but not after the exe build. Can you place an indicator on the output of the typecast and see what the value is when you do the build
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,199 Views)

My Example with the Typecast in the second post would work therefor it does not help to analyze this before and after the typecast is only the logical name of the IVI device appears. The solution is to set the inizialize vi for each class (the NI IviScope.dll and the Tektronix tktds1k2k_32.dll), then it would also work in the executable.

IVI_example1 would work, IVI_example2 an IVI_example3 would not.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,186 Views)

Having the exact same problem... Is there any answer to the posters original question about up/down casting not working when building an exe file???

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(582 Views)