LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitutoyo USB Interface

thef,

I would recommend using the Basic Serial Read and Write.vi example in LabVIEW to send a serial command to the Mitutoyo.  You can find this example by searching "visa" inside of the Example Finder.  As suggested by MarcC, try doing a read by sending a R character along with a carriage return.  Your command would then be "R\r".  You could also send this command from Measurement and Automation Explorer by using the VISA Test Panel.

Ben

National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(6,170 Views)

Hi,

Here is something about Mitutoyo rs232 communication. It explains how works the communication.

Otherwise if you want to communicate with your device in Labview, you have to learn the SCPI language. Which you can find on the internet.

Hope it will helps someone.

Floow

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(5,834 Views)

The following document explains the way to solve your problem:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/282614057_Automatic_Data_Collector_for_the_Mitutoyo_264-012...

I hope that works for you. We collect the data with Matlab, if you are interest in knowing how let me know.

Regards.

MSc. Erik E. Ramírez

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(4,560 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem with an Mitotuyo ID-H0530 and a serial USB convertissor DMX-1 USB.

I would like to read the value of the mitotuyo.

In VISA Test Panel, I have a ressource name ASRL12::INSTR "COM12" with 9600 bps, 8 data bits and 2 Stop bits.

This parameters are the same in Windows 7 USB port and in settings of mitutoyo.

In VISA test panels, in Inputs/output I read this command "R\r" but I have an error.

I don't understant why I used the letter R... In datasheet, It explains in p 4.2.4 "data output GA**CRLF" with ** indicates an ID and CRLF represents "CR" (carriage return)

In the settings of mitutoyo, this ID is 00, I try in VISA tests paenls this command GA00CRLF but It doesn't work...

Can you help me please?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 36
(4,421 Views)
In MAX, the correct characters for carriage return is \r and for line feed is \n. Typing CRLF is just sending the ascii text to the instrument and it will not be interpreted correctly.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(4,416 Views)

Thank you for your help but the command GA00\r but it doesn't work  "Read Operation Error"

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 36
(4,405 Views)

@JoanCristobal wrote:

Thank you for your help but the command GA00\r but it doesn't work

That should probably be GA00\r\n in order to match the CRLF sequence from the manual.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(4,399 Views)

finally if I execute in continous mode with the command GA00\r , I get a respons: 911

If I move the mitotuyo, this respons doesn't change...

In VISA Read, what is the format of read buffer? It"s a string? 

How I convert in millimeter?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(4,367 Views)

I join my vi.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(4,350 Views)
Why would you do a continuous read with the wrong termination character?

Haven't you looked at the string conversion palette?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(4,337 Views)