LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitsubishi FX thru LabVIEW

Hi everyone.

I have an old mitsubishi PLC model (FX1s-24MR). I have a task to control and monitor its inputs/outputs using LabVIEW. I had successfuly done this using IA OPC server. But i also need to communicate via Serial RS-232.

Now i am in the verge of studying its command protocols, but then I am hoping if someone there has already have a LV program for communicating Mitsubishi FX via RS-232, it will be greatly appreciated (it will save my time a lot)!

thanks in advance!

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(8,368 Views)

There is a blog that introduce PLC communicate via Serial RS-232. It's Chinese, so I am not sure your computer can display or not. If yes, you can press "回應" to ask source code. Wish this can help you.

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/liu-yunan/archive?l=f&id=9

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(8,354 Views)

Hi Ancle,

I cannot access your provided link (maybe because our private network is highly protected, so they blocked such sites like this).

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(8,349 Views)

Hi ivel,

There is a source code file. However, it named in Chinese, but I think when you see source code you know how to use it. Good luck.

Message 4 of 26
(8,297 Views)

Hi Ancle,

Thank you so much. I had a chinese friend here so we can handle this part. just another question, Can I communicate to Mitsubishi PLC with having the MX component? have you tried this before?

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(8,290 Views)

No, I haven't.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(8,284 Views)

whew... it seems like the source code provided was not following the command protocol of my FX1s mitsubishi (FX2N neither!) based on the mitsubishi manual. its lacks many things like station #, PLC #, command protocols, etc.Smiley Sad

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(8,272 Views)

I didn't have many experinces about PLC and the source code is written by another person. In his blog, he said it works fine in FX2N, so I think you may modify the source code to meet what you need. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(8,267 Views)

as far as I knew, the FX2N and FX1s share the same command protocols (based on what i read in the manual).

I really appreciate your great effort on this. thanks anyway. as of now, I kept studying its command protocol.

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(8,265 Views)

Hi ivel,

If your friend can read Chinese. The attached file is blog's documents. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(8,256 Views)