LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing vi...

Thank you, Guenter. I will look into this.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(664 Views)

Thanks for the heads up, Dennis. I was hoping that DAQmx may support simple mapping of old DAQs. I guess not.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(659 Views)

Its better after you read through this

Thank Dennis for me having that in my pocket today.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(649 Views)

Great! Thank you, Jeff.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(628 Views)

Hi Guys,

It seems to me that LabVIEW 2013 should be compatible with NI DAQ Trad 7.4.4 as you can read on this document :

NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

I'd be more worried about the OS version as NI DAQ Trad is not compatible with Windows 7 (64 bits).

Thanks

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(605 Views)

@marc-junior wrote:

Hi Guys,

It seems to me that LabVIEW 2013 should be compatible with NI DAQ Trad 7.4.4 as you can read on this document :

NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

I'd be more worried about the OS version as NI DAQ Trad is not compatible with Windows 7 (64 bits).

Thanks

M-Junior

Jr.  Its not that Legacy DAQ functions cannot work.  A much better API has existed for a decade (give or take).  The point is system maintainability.

I know one of my cilents made the same type of mistake (Failure to plan lifetime review)  One of their employees is now tasked with spending several hours each week searching online auctions for 286 motherboards and processors.  How many hours of his salary would it cost to spin a upgraded system that did not fail as often?

I have nothing but respect for hobbyists that maintain and operats 1960s hi-fi systems.  But, "hobby pieces" do not belong in a modern production facility and lab.  Build This- Not That means the system too!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(592 Views)

I do agree with you Jeff, I just tought you were a bit affirmative on the fact this driver could not be ported to LabVIEW 2013. I just wanted to clarify and let Sylvain know of the possibilities he has. Of course, it is more than clever to migrate to DAQmx at this point but for one to make the right decision, he needs to be clearly told what is possible and what is not. (well that's what I believe ; )

Have a good day,

Jr

Message 17 of 17
(582 Views)