LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing subvi.s in a vi

Hi,
I am using Labview 5.0.1.I had an Windows NT computer from where I coppied all the vi.s to a windows 98 computer and when I am trying to run some vi. it's showing error message that some sub vi.s are missing " The subVI could not be found when loading this VI. It may have been moved, deleted, or its name may have changed. " Although I can see that those sub vi.s are present in the computer ( in different folders ). Also, in the diagram, in the place of those missing sub vi.s it's showing a question mark.My questions are,

1.How can I fix this ?
2. Is there any way I can link the sub vi.s to the vi.s i am trying to run so that it works ?

Thanx a lot,
Buddha
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,345 Views)
One simple fix would be to move the VIs to the same folders that they were installed on the original pc. If you don't want to do that, then when you open the main VI, it should prompt you for the missing ones. All you have to do then is browse to the new locations. You would then save the modified main VI.

If you have already saved the main VI with the subVIs missing, go to the diagram, right click on the blank VI, and select Replace>Select a VI and browse to where they are.
Message 2 of 2
(2,336 Views)