From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing deployment plug-in cRIO 9082 and NI 9514

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I'm trying to use deploy a C-module 9514, which is installed in a cRIO 9082.

I would like to get access to the interactive test panel, but whenever i try to do this it won't let me deploy the unit.

I get an error message as follows: "LabVIEW: (Hex 0x80DF001E) The deployment plug-in for this item cannot be found. Verify the proper software is installed. Deployment completed with errors", which leaves me unable to access the test panel.

I have LabView 2012 and NI RIO 3.3.0 installed. I also tried updating the firmware on the 9514 itself using LV without any changes.

To see the software installed on the cRIO, see the attached image.

Any idea of what i'm doing wrong?

Best Regards,

JZaulich

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,682 Views)

Hi Jakob.

I tried to sent you an e-mail yesterday regarding this issue. Did you receive it?

If you are using LabVIEW2012, you need to install a newer driver version: you need v. 12.0
http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-12.0/2969/en/

According to your screenshot from the RIO, you have installed RIO v. 13.0. How did you install that - do you have another computer? You need to have the same software version on the RIO as you have on your computer. After you have installed the driver above, your computer should have all the correct software. After this, I would suggest you to install this new software on your RIO:
http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/controllersoftware.htm

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,648 Views)

Hey Alex,

I did recieve your e-mail - thank you very much for your reply.

I will try installing the proper software some time tomorrow, and then i will get back with an answer.

Regarding the v.13.0 i simply found the cRIO software on your homepage and used NI MAX to install it. I followed some of your setup-guides which included a link, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Jakob Zaulich

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,643 Views)

Hi again.

I'm just a bit confused that you can have one version of RIO on your computer, and another one on your RIO target. Please confirm all your software versions on your computer, and make sure that you are using the correct versions.

NI-RIO and LabVIEW Version Compatibility

After this, you should install the new software on your RIO device as well.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,639 Views)

Hello again,

I basicly just installed NI RIO Device Drivers from the following link:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-13.0/3959/en/

Which allowed me to install it onto the RIO through NI MAX as you normally would.

Apparently this is possible even though 13.0 is not supposed to be supported by Labview 2012.

I will try installing 12.0 onto the RIO instead of the 13.0, hopefully this will solve the problem.

Best regards,

Jakob Zaulich

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,633 Views)

Hi again.

But you state in the original post, that you have NI RIO 3.3.0 installed?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
Message 6 of 12
(3,631 Views)

Hey Alex,

By mistake I have 3.3.0 NI RIO installed on my computer, however, I haven't installed in onto the RIO itself.

On the RIO I have installed 13.0 at the moment, I will try installing 12.0 tomorrow as you mentioned i should.

This will hopefully solve the problem, as the compatibility issue should be resolved.

Unfortunately i haven't got any time to do it today.

Best regards,

Jakob Zaulich

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,613 Views)

Hello Alex,

I reinstalled NI 12.0.1 onto my cRIO, however, i still cannot deploy the axis and gain access to the tuning panel.

I'm getting the same error message as previously (see attached pictures).

I have LabView 2012 32-bit on my PC and 12.0.1 on my cRIO.

Any idea of what the next step might be?

Best Regards,

Jakob Zaulich

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,598 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JZaulich

Hi Jakob.

Thanks for testing this. Now the software versions matches our documentation. I have looked through the documentation, and that should be all you need. Sadly, that didn't solve the problem.

However, I did found an old service request regarding a similar problem, where the solution was to install the NI-Motion driver. According to all the documentation I have found, it should not be necessary, but can I get you to try it out?

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-motion-8.5.1/4355/en/

After installation, you should also install the driver on the RIO using MAX.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,582 Views)

Hey Alex.

The problem has (finally) been solved! 🙂

I installed NI Motion (which you linked to) on my PC and (re)installed the NI SoftMotion Module on the cRIO.

That solved the problem. For some reason i also had to remove and readd the C-modules.

I used the "Getting Started with NI 9514/16 C Series Modules and AKD Servo Drives" - 375516b for setting up the remaining properties in LV.

Thanks a lot for your help - was very useful!

Good day to you.

Best Regards,

Jakob Zaulich

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,566 Views)