From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ctl files after deploying to TCP 2212 touch panel

Hi everyone,

I have a host application that supposed to run on the touch panel with RT application running on a cDAQ.

I am using LABVIEW 2014.

I've created an application and deployed it to the touch panel successfully, but now when I try to run the application on the touch panel it appears that some *.ctl files are missing and the application asks me to find them.

The files exist in the DATA library that was created when the application deployed, and when I'm choosing it the application works just fine but i don't want to search and chose the file every time I run the application.

How can I include this file permanently in the application so I won't need to search for it every time?

Thanks,

Boris 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,696 Views)

Hi Boris,

Were these ctl files ones that you created? Were they part of the project when you built the application? Have you tried setting the files as "Always Include" in the build specification?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,644 Views)

Yes those files are part of the application and set as always included.

The missing file exist in the application folder in the touch panel, I just have to select it each time I run the application.

Thanks,

Boris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,640 Views)

Could you post screenshots of the application directory on the TPC with the data folder, as well as screenshots of the control itself? As far as I know, custom controls should be built into the executable itself, and not placed in a separate directory. I just tried this out on my end and deployed an application with a couple of custom controls, and I do not get a data folder.

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,619 Views)