LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing VIs for Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit

When I look at a trace in the DETT and double-click on an event, it fails to take me to the VI corresponding to the event.  Instead, a message in the status window at the bottom of the screen says,

Can't open/find installed VI: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\Assistants\Trace Toolkit\LVTracing\9.0\HighlightObject By Context-VI-UID.vi - Error Code: 7

I am using LV 2011 and DETT 2011.  There is a VI with the correct name in the MAX\Assistants\Trace Toolkit\LVTracing/11.0 directory, as I would expect for LV 2011, but no 9.0 directory.  I made a copy of the 11.0 directory and renamed it 9.0.  Then double-clicking on the event gave this message in the status window:

Error highlighting object - Error Code: 7

Why does the DETT expect files in the 9.0 directory instead of the 11.0 directory?  I have never installed LV 2009 on this machine.  For what it's worth, I do have LV 8.6 and LV2012 beta on my machine, but I don't think I installed DETT for either.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,545 Views)

Hi jsiegel,

I have found some relation to 8.6 and the HighlightObject By Context-VI-UID.vi in this Knowledgebase:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/75D823EF2C4EBEC086257554005767A2?OpenDocument

Specifically, I would suggest trying the solution:

• Open LabVIEW
  • Go to Tools » Options
  • Select the VI Server: Exported VIs Category
  • Replace HighlightObject By Context-VI-UID.vi with in the Allow Access List (let me know if this isn't there)
  • Select OK to save and exit the Options Dialog Box

Just to see if this changes anything. Did you have another version of DETT ever installed on your machine?

If none of this works, I would recommend reinstalling DETT

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,522 Views)

I think that is not the source of my problem.  I am using DETT v2011, and the exported VI list already has * in the list.  I have never had a different version of DETT.  I'll try reinstalling.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,518 Views)

I have same problem. I use LV 2011 and DETT 2011, but directory as you mentioned .....9.0 is expected. I renamed directory 11.0 to 9.0. It works for most of items - VIs, but i can´t confirm that it works correctly becouse i have not found official solution how to fix it.

Sometimes message Error highlighting object - Error Code: 7 (1012) apears. Usualy when i click on "Private VI in packed library".

Sometimes LabVIEW shuts down.

Any progress on your side?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,479 Views)

Hi Rericha,

You may want to try to private message jsiegel to get a faster reply from him. In the meantime, you may want to try reinstalling and see if that fixes the issue. If you are still running into issues, I can try to replicate this on my machine; however, it sounds like a simple reinstall will fix the problem. Regards

Doug W

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,455 Views)