LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Sub VI error when running Applicatio​n.exe in development PC

Hi,

I have created an application(exe) on my computer, which is also where I have also designed the different blocks of code for this application.
All the blocks of code work just fine when made to run through Labview 2013 development software. After adding all the VI files associated with the  project in the project explorer of a new project and configuring the build specifications, I was able to create the executable. But, when I try running this executable/application(.exe) file, I get the missing subVI message. I found that some of these missing sub VIs are the Instrument driver VIs which work absolutely fine when run through the LabVIEW development sofware.
How can I resolve this issue?

Attachment "Error Screenshot" shows the Missing sub VI message.

Attachment "Project & Error Screenshot" shows the Missing sub VI message along with the list of dependencies in the project, which shows the error being displayed eventhough the sub VI is present in the dependency list.

Any comments in this regard are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Vivek

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,345 Views)

Oh Lord,

Rhode-Schwartz was talking to me about their latest and greatest Driver technoledgy idea at a trade show a few years ago, and it looks like they went and did it.  I told them not to. Because, guess what would surely happen............

That driver might just have some dynamic calls to those vis.  You will need to add those manually by changing the inclusion type (on the source files setting page) for those items that are missing.  Set those vis to "Always Included"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,315 Views)

Thanks for your comment Jeff,

But what about the 'subBuildXYGraph.vi', 'Waveform Array To Dynamic.vi' and other such VI's in the attached error message that are not a part of the Rohde and Schwarz drivers but are included in the vi.lib folder? Ideally, labview must be able to find/trace atleast these VIs while performing the build procedure, right?

Do I also add these VI files from the vi.lib manually and set the inclusion type to always included?

Thanks again,

Regards

Vivek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,277 Views)

Hi Vivek,

May be you can try doing the MassCompile your project and try building the exe again..

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,260 Views)

@vivek.madhavan.13 wrote:

Thanks for your comment Jeff,

But what about the 'subBuildXYGraph.vi', 'Waveform Array To Dynamic.vi' and other such VI's in the attached error message that are not a part of the Rohde and Schwarz drivers but are included in the vi.lib folder? Ideally, labview must be able to find/trace atleast these VIs while performing the build procedure, right?

Vivek

If they are (Non dynamically called)-dependancies of always included dynamic calls, Yes, the build will include them.

I hate to say it but,  Start with the rs dynamic vis  and keep adding if that meerely helps reduce the list of the missing vis.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,237 Views)

Hello Jeff.P.Bohrer and srikrishnaNF,

I found out that in my project the startup VI was opening VI's (Not subVIs) from another location in memory which I believe was not being recognized by the executable. Soon after I identified this, I modified the called VIs to make them subVIs and modified the startup VI to call these subVIs and that resolved the issue of errors.

I truly appreciate all your help in this regard.

Best regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,192 Views)

Have you saved the called VIs as SubVI in the same installation Labview folder of the .vi ? Then how have you modified the StartUpVI to call these subVIs because I have the .vi with the DAQ in the Aways Included window that isn't the StartUpVI and this file .vi call file DAQmx----.vi that aren't that I have create as (Subvi).vi in the same folder ...so What Can I Do? 

Please, help me 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,722 Views)