LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Real TIme Plug In

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a real time project that is using a cRIO 9074 chassis. The project opens fine on my desktop but when I try and open it on my laptop, a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it shows up at the level of the chassis and won't let me view anything under the chassis level. If I right click on it, it just says "The plug-in for the selected item is not installed on your system or the plug-in has an expired license". I have installed all of these items on this machine:

NIRIO1310f1

LV 2013 SP1

FPGA Development SP1

Real-Time Development SP1

NIDAQ1400f1

Not sure what else I could possibly be missing, don't remember installing anything extra on my desktop? Does not matter what project I try to open, any real time project will not let me access below the chassis level. If anyone knows what I could be missing I would appreciate the help. Or if you need any more information.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JimAllen

I installed NIRIO14f1 and my laptop seems to be working again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,016 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for posting this question. It could be that the original problem on the laptop was caused by an issue with installation order, as the NI-RIO driver needs to be installed after LabVIEW Development System, LabVIEW Real-Time Module, and the LabVIEW FPGA Module.

I have included the link below for your reference in case you run into any similar issues in the future:

http://www.ni.com/getting-started/install-software/compactrio

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,980 Views)

Hi.  I believe I'm having the same issue except that this issue appeared for me after installing LabView 2014 on the same laptop that I have 2013sp1 installed on.  Project worked fine before 2014 install and after, I have the error you described.

Are you still using 2013sp1 after installing the 2014 RIO drivers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,826 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry that you are running into this same error. Have you reinstalled the modules and drivers since you installed the newer version of LabVIEW?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,793 Views)

Hi,

I installed LabView 2014 from the media we received in the mail and installed based on our current licensing.  I think it installed everything as it used all three disks for LabView plus two other driver disks. 

I tried re-installing the RIO drivers but nothing was new so nothing was installed.  I also tried reinstalled DAQmx but that also did not resolve the issue. 

Interestingly enough, I thought I'd just uninstall everything related to LabView 2014 and start over, however, when I went to the control panel and tried to uninstall, there was only one entry and it was generically labeled National Instruments Software and not individual instances of LabView.  I think understandably, I was hesitant to uninstall that.

Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,778 Views)

If you choose that option, it'll give you a list of the NI software so you can pick and choose.

Open up MAX and open up the software section.  What version of NI-RIO does it say you have installed?  Is it 14.0.x or higher?  What is the version of the Real-Time Module?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,762 Views)

Hi.

It looks like you might have identified at least one of my issues.  RIO version is 14.0.1 but the Real Time module isn't installed.

I've had LabView 2013 on this machine for a while with no issues and I'm positive I installed the Real Time module when we added it to our license of developer's suite.  Why would installing LabView 2014 uninstall that module?

Thanks and I'll post another update as soon as I get the Real Time module re-installed.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,750 Views)

Scratch that.  I did find the Real Time modules.  They were listed under each instance of LabView in MAX.  Real Time 13.0.1 and 14.0.0 are installed.

So maybe I'll go back to the install discs and see if there is something there I didn't install that I should have.  Still open to suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,745 Views)

I would definitely recommend going back to the disc, as installation order is important. Installing the modules on top of the driver will not work. Let us know if you are still encountering problems after a reinstall. For your reference, this is the order that everything should be installed:

• LabVIEW Full Development System
  • LabVIEW Real-Time Module
  • LabVIEW FPGA Module (recommended)
  • NI-RIO driver
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,716 Views)