LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mint workbench

Hi, could anyone help me to determine what code is required to run a machine which uses mint workbench?
We have new design software and I need to have the format converted to run the machine but I am unsure what format is used, I understand it would be mint code but is the different formats? Or how can I work this out, I'm happy to pay someone to help me if they are interested.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,957 Views)

@Jimbob127 wrote:
Hi, could anyone help me to determine what code is required to run a machine which uses mint workbench?
We have new design software and I need to have the format converted to run the machine but I am unsure what format is used, I understand it would be mint code but is the different formats? Or how can I work this out, I'm happy to pay someone to help me if they are interested.
Thanks
The MINT WorkBench is a single Windows tool compatible with ABB's range of motion controllers ...
which you could have found if you had bothered to Google.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,947 Views)
I know what it is, but that I am not a software engineer so that's why I am asking, do you know what format it is? NO
Why did you bother to make that comment!
You **bleep**
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,937 Views)

@Jimbob127 wrote:
I know what it is, but that I am not a software engineer so that's why I am asking, do you know what format it is? NO
Why did you bother to make that comment!
You **bleep**

You came to a LabVIEW Forum to ask questions about MINT Workbench.  You did not say "I went to the Mint Workbench site, and found that Mint seems to be a Basic-like language.  We also noticed that Mint supports ActiveX commands.  Do you think we could use LabVIEW to develop code that would work with the Mint Workbench?"

From your simple question, it sounded like you had not been to the Web Site, and, in particular, had not seen the example code that had been posted there (which, indeed, looks like Basic, which implies that the Mint Workbench software translates it somehow into something the Mint hardware can use).  That's why the Responder, who is very knowledgable and would be willing to help if you had provided more information instead of saying "Do this for me" (this Forum is really dedicated to "Teach me to do this for myself in LabVIEW"), answered as he did.

We have had other Posters on this Forum who didn't understand who we are, what role this Forum plays in the LabVIEW Community, or, indeed, what LabVIEW, itself, is.  You seem to be in that company.  I would urge you not to escalate this (which has also happened) -- it will only result in your being banned.

There is expertise in this Forum that might be able to help you, particularly if you apologize, and provide a better idea of what you are hoping to accomplish.  When addressing the latter, it would help to know if there is a body of LabVIEW experience in your company who would be undertaking the effort to integrate Mint with LabVIEW.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,919 Views)
Ah yes, so jimbob has decided to not get any further questions answered.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,916 Views)
When using a fourm it generally means you are looking to find information out that you are not sure about that's why I posted this.
But it's fair to say that it's better to get no reply than a ignorant reply. I'm sure you all agree with this
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,903 Views)
What about an ignorant question to start things off? Merry Christmas.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,892 Views)

@Jimbob127 wrote:

Mint workbecnh IS the code. Alternatively, you can write your own code is a variety of software environment,s, even LabVIEW(!), using actviveX as explained at the bottom of this page.

@Jimbob127 wrote:

If you have "new design software" you probably should tell us what that software is. Is any of this in any way related to LabVIEW? You make it seem so, since you posted your question in the LabVIEW forum.

Is the "new design software" LabVIEW based? Does it use the mint activeX libraries? Who wrote it? In what way is it related to MINT? Does it provide new-> old conversion untilities?

If I understand you right, you have MINT based text code that performs certain actions with your motion controller. Now you have a new software environment that is activeX based and you want to perform the same actions as was done using the old MINT program.

You are probably asking in the wrong place. See if there is an ABB forum or try contact whoever wrote the new software. This has nothing to do with LabVIEW.

If the interface has anything to do with NI products, you could also ask in the Motion Control and Motor Drives forum here

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,870 Views)
Hi Altenbach,

Thanks for your reply,
From what I understand the new design software produces excel csv files which I have samples of,
This company can supply them in any format we want.
But I and unsure what format the machine has been designed to run on, I have been told by a engineer that it runs on mint language which can be written in different formats, but he was unsure and told me to investigate more, I also talked with a abb agent in England and they said that I needed to have the format written so I could copy and paste the file direct into workbench to run the machine.
That's where I am upto now, just need to understand what I actually need first and then try and find someone who can do it.
Yes your right I maybe in the wrong fourm, but I'm not really sure who would know about this.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,860 Views)

I've read this entire thread five times and I still can't figure out exactly what it is you are trying to ask.  It seems like you are trying to be the middleman for someone and you are trying to find out some information about something you are entirely unfamilar with for someon who doesn't know how to explain what he/she is looking for.  I suggest maybe this person should interact with the forum themselves.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,739 Views)