LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating FPGA to Real Time

I have a circuit simulation program that runs great on my CRIO 9073, but takes up most of the space on the FPGA and also runs up against the edge of its timing restrictions. Most of the space is being taken up by a single subVI used for generating and scaling waveforms. Is it possible to migrate this single subVI to a RT application that runs alongside the FPGA program I already have? Or can I have the calculations done on my computer and the data sent to my FPGA so I take up less space and can add more featrues to my program?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,376 Views)

@lmvinke wrote:

I have a circuit simulation program that runs great on my CRIO 9073, but takes up most of the space on the FPGA and also runs up against the edge of its timing restrictions. Most of the space is being taken up by a single subVI used for generating and scaling waveforms. Is it possible to migrate this single subVI to a RT application that runs alongside the FPGA program I already have? Or can I have the calculations done on my computer and the data sent to my FPGA so I take up less space and can add more featrues to my program?

Yes, generate the waveform on the host and use a FIFO to pass the data to the FPGA in chunks. 

Edit: in this case it should be fine, but you have to be careful in general. If the FPGA is being used for safety reasons, sometimes the scaling of any input waveforms will have to be done on the FPGA so you can do limit checking relatively immediately and shut down if necessary. So, it really depends on the problem domain. But for this application sounds like that isn't an issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,351 Views)

hi, could you tell me how to simulate the circuit in cRIO, please?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(802 Views)