From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrateing from VBAI 2012 moves ROI in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'am working on a school projekt were the purpose is to sort different objekt useing 2 webcameras, VBIA 2012 and LabVIEW 2012. Later this week my program worked allmost perfectly, just some small change had to be made. After i installed LabVIEWmyRIO 2013 region of interest moves directly to the upper left corner every time i open my projekt in LabView 2012, and this makes it impossible to deteckt anything. When i open my projekt in VBAI 2012 every setting is as i want it. 

Then i tryed to make a new inspection in VBAI 2012 just to see if the same thing happen when i migrate it to LabVIEW 2012. And it does over and over again. 

I have attached a picture illustrating how it look like in VBAI 2012 and a picure how it looks like in LabVIEW 2012 after it's migrated. 

Version of software im useing:

- LabVIEW 2012 v. 12.0.1f5 (32 bit)

- VBAI 2012 SP1 f2

- NI IMAQdx 4.3.0

Brg 

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,376 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Norsk

Are the ROIs dynamically created from a Create ROI step? Could you attach a simple inspection to illustrate this problem? Have you considered using the LabVIEW API to call VBAI (there is a set of VIs installed in your LabVIEW palette that give you access to open inspections, run inspections, get results and images and this will actually run the same engine the normal VBAI does so you will get the same results and this way it's easy to make changes to your VBAI inspection without having to migrate it to LV again. It also allows for more flexibile options for which versions of LV you can use with which versions of VBAI. Check out the shipping example here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2012\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples\LabVIEW API Example (Local).vi

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,357 Views)

Hi Brad

Thank you for replaying. I have been working on useing API instead of migrateing from VBAI 2012. It works perfeckly by useing API, but i still havent figured out the problem considering ROI change from migrateing. We are a group of 4 working on the same project, and one of them just factory reset his computer and installed LabVIEW 2012 and excluded installing MyRIO 2013. When he opened the migrated VBAI 2012 file in LabVIEW 2012 is worked as before. It seems to me there is some sort of bug between the converting from VBAI 2012 to LabVIEW 2012 if MyRIO 2013 and certain updates are installed. 

Brg

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,310 Views)
Could you send a sample of wht you see in VBAI vs LabVIEW? Could you send your inspection? I can't help without more details. I can't think of any reason having cRIO or anything else installed would change the ROI used by VBAI. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,299 Views)