LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mightex camera not identified by max or Imaq usb enumerate camera vi

Hi all,

I am using Mightex S-Series Ultra-Compact USB2.0 camera, I am finding it difficult to identify the camera in MAX or with IMAQ usb enumerate camera vi, I do have loaded the drivers but still couldnt get the camera working , please let me know if there is anything else I need to upload.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,050 Views)

Here is a USB Camera Troubleshooting Document, have a look at it.

Christian

Message 2 of 12
(4,039 Views)

Hi,

I went throught that troubleshooting document, I installed all the drivers including directshow drivers provided by the vendor. I am able to use there program, but
I cant communicate the camera using Labview IMAQ USB vi, I have the latest version of Vision system and I am running Labview 2012 but still I cant grab the image using labview.

- ankit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,027 Views)

When using the latest version of LabVIEW and Vision Acquisition Software the USB camera support (via DirectShow) is included with IMAQdx.

Did you try to run a simple IMAQdx Snap Example? Do you even see it in MAX now?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,024 Views)

Hi,

I dont see it in MAX, I tried to run IMAQ USB enumerate camera.vi it only showed " integrated camera (webcam of my Laptop) in the list.

- Ankit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,019 Views)

If you don't see it in MAX it is very unlikely that IMAQdx recognizes the camera.

You could try to use MS AMCap which could connect to the camera via DirectShow. If this doesn't work either you should contact the vendor.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,016 Views)

I am able to use MS AmCap program, but I cant use IMAQ usb vi's.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,007 Views)

Hi AnkitG,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your camera. We have recently seen several other instances of Mightex's cameras causing issues when trying to interface with it through IMAQdx, and have been in touch with Mightex regarding these issues. We suspect that the issues all come from differences in the way NI and Mightex handle DirectShow compliance. I'll make sure to communicate this issue to them as well, and I'll let you know what we find. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,993 Views)

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my Mightex camera.  Has there been any progress or solution to this problem?

Kathryn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,802 Views)

@KrummelLab wrote:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my Mightex camera.  Has there been any progress or solution to this problem?

Kathryn

Unfortunaltly I have to return it and get other camera which works just perfect for me.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,799 Views)