LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider Windows 7 64Bit

Hi,

I have a client whom is running Windows 7 64-Bit and I am running Windows XP. The program I have written is using a database connection via a .udl file and using the provider of Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB but I don't seem to find Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider in Windows 7 64-Bit. I have read on the internet that Windows 7 64-Bit does not come with Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider. If so is there a solution around this?

Any assistance will be appriciated.

Gary
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(44,482 Views)

Hi Gasson,

You might want to try posting to the Microsoft forums.

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(44,428 Views)

I have already read up on this and basically they say that Microsoft Jet 4.0 DB Provider is slowly being phased out. So this is why I was hoping to see if Labview maybe has another way to handle databasses?

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(44,407 Views)
LabVIEW is not the problem. Since Microsoft does not intend to create a 64 bit version of Jet, then you will have to either use Windows 7 in 32 bit mode or find a database that is supported. Perhaps it's time to make the switch to something like SQL Express.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(44,383 Views)

Hi Dennis,

One option would be to use UDL files. Would this be a valid alternative?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1D5EB4DCBD13106486256B9D005E11B0?OpenDocument

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(44,333 Views)
I think you meant Gary and not Dennis and as Gary said in the first post, a UDL file is being used. The UDL file specifies the provider and since the provider does not exist with Windows 7-64 bit, I don't see where there is an alternative except to use a database and provider that is supported in the OS.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(44,329 Views)

Hi Gasson,

Have you tried connection string like "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\myFolder\myAccess2007file.accdb;Persist Security Info=False;"

Message Edited by Neil Li on 01-28-2010 11:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(43,977 Views)

It seems you are using mdb file, then you need to change the connection string. ACE represents MS 2007 Office System Driver, which may be what you are looking for.

From MSDN:

Instead of Microsoft Jet, Microsoft recommends using Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition or Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition when developing new, non-Microsoft Access applications requiring a relational data store. These new or converted Jet applications can continue to use Jet with the intention of using Microsoft Office 2003 and earlier files (.mdb and .xls) for non-primary data storage. However, for these applications, you should plan to migrate from Jet to the 2007 Office System Driver. You can download the 2007 Office System Driver, which allows you to read from and write to pre-existing files in either Office 2003 (.mdb and .xls) or the Office 2007 (*.accdb, *.xlsm, *.xlsx and *.xlsb) file formats. IMPORTANT Please read the 2007 Office System End User License Agreement for specific usage limitations. 

Message Edited by Neil Li on 01-29-2010 12:15 AM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(43,968 Views)