LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone calibration for a sound level meter

Hi I need an application for measure sound level by using the sound and vibration toolkit and severl microphones as input, but I don´t get the same values as a portable Phonic portable meter. I´m using a 60db gain preamplifier but when i use this value in the pregain scale voltaje to EU block I don´t get any value, but if I use -60 it works! is that correct?  on the other hand, I´ve seen a calibrate microphone block for the traditional daqmx  but I dont understand how to use it and I cant find examples. Do you have one? I have a cDAQ with 9205 A-input card.   Also, if I use the PC microphone input to get the data do I have to put an pregain value for the scale voltaje to EU block?

I need dome help please. Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,242 Views)

¡Hi mario_rojas!

I checked the documentation and SVL Calibrate Microphone (DAQmx) VI if you run it with the proper configuration it will measure the sensitivity of the microphone connected to the channel you specify.  Can you tell me what version of the Sound and Vibration Toolkit you are using? There are some specific inputs that you need to configure, but I need to know the version to tell you the values you need.

About the -60dB gain, it should work with +60. When I have the version of the toolkit I can check this out for you.

About the question for the PC microphone, you should not have to input a pregain value, since you do not have an intermediate amplifier between the microphone and the daq board, you just need to find the sensor sensitivity. We can use the SVL Calibrate Microphone (DAQmx) VI to find out if we don’t have that data in the specs.

I think we are dealing with the same problem in this forum:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=36845

I think it’s better if we continue working in one forum. Please let me know if this is the same issue, and if it is, in what forum would you prefer to keep posting.

Kind greetings,

Tania Lozoya | National Instruments

Mensaje editado por Tania Lozoya
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,173 Views)

Continue posting on this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&thread.id=36454

If translation is needed please let me know.

Tania Lozoya | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,151 Views)

Hi,

I need a VI to measure laptop microphone's voice in decibles. Please give me of any one have Idea. Just tel me the procedure.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,270 Views)

Hello Sree4srinivas,

In order to take sound measurements in dB you need the transform equation from the sound input or using the Sound and Vibration toolkit VIs

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3030/en

There is also the Graphics and Sounds option in the Programming palette, but according with your description that does not seem to suit properly for this application.

Best Regards,

Eric NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,247 Views)

Hi Eric

Thax

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,241 Views)