Did you mean: 

Micro-Nuggets !!! ~~~~ Post 'em if you got 'em

Hi  MarkBalla,

Amazing work! 

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 311 of 361
(3,642 Views)

To complete this very interesting list, I mention that I'm using another "Quick Drop" tool from Zühlke Engineering AG.

If you don't read German, see the video at the bottom of the page.

Message 312 of 361
(3,587 Views)

Nice!

0 Kudos
Message 313 of 361
(3,557 Views)

Haven't seen this micro-nugget before - if you hold the Delete key down, then objects are immediately deleted as you click on them.  Not hugely useful, but who knew it?  Works on the BD and FP since at least LV2012 (earliest I can check at the moment).

Message 314 of 361
(3,352 Views)

Here is a new micro nuggets.

I add a package to the forum  "Duplicate for all Cases".

Each time you create a state machine, you probably had to click several time on the duplicate case menu of a case structure in order to duplicate one frame.

With this package, you can do it in one click only.

Message 315 of 361
(3,120 Views)

I found the need to find if an application was running on 32 or 64-bit Windows.  Forum searches only brought me to a LAVA page and a rolfk attachment that returned

"The page you are trying to access is not available for your account."

So, here is a VI that will return OS bitness, based on this approach.

As a bonus micro-micro nugget, I had no idea what data type a PBOOL was.  In my searching, I ran across this page.  At the bottom someone kindly posted a list of all data types in Windows API calls.

Message 316 of 361
(2,996 Views)

Found out today that if you drag a VI into any sort of label on the block diagram it will add the VI's name as text to the beginning of the label.

VI to Label.gif

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 317 of 361
(2,916 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Found out today that if you drag a VI into any sort of label on the block diagram it will add the VI's name as text to the beginning of the label.

VI to Label.gif

One unintended result - at least I think it might be related - is that if you drag a VI from your project and happen to pass over a label on the way to its destination, you can no longer drop it on the block diagram.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 318 of 361
(2,888 Views)

@billko wrote:

One unintended result - at least I think it might be related - is that if you drag a VI from your project and happen to pass over a label on the way to its destination, you can no longer drop it on the block diagram.

I thought that it only happened with subdiagram labels and not normal text labels.

It also looks like the live update feature of 2016 may have unintentionally fixed that (my guess). CAR 449383 is in the known issues list for 2016 but I couldn't reproduce the issue at all, but I can in 2015 SP1.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 319 of 361
(2,849 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

@billko wrote:

I thought that it only happened with subdiagram labels and not normal text labels.

It also looks like the live update feature of 2016 may have unintentionally fixed that (my guess). CAR 449383 is in the known issues list for 2016 but I couldn't reproduce the issue at all, but I can in 2015 SP1.

I never realized it was only with subdiagram labels!  But then it makes it maybe even more definitely related.  Maybe they don't want you to be able to drop a VI on a subdiagram label - but the "dropability" of the VI never changes back.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 320 of 361
(2,784 Views)