From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method or property to remove decorations from a control

Hi folk,
by program, I would like to remove (to make transparent) some decorations of a control (the 3d border of an Intensity Graph) before to save it on a png/jpg file.
Do you know how to perform that task by method or property?

Regard,
Asper

Message 1 of 5
(2,826 Views)
There isn't a way of doing that as far as I know. You could, instead, use the intensity graph from the "Classic" palette. It has no 3D border.
Message 2 of 5
(2,796 Views)

Hi smercurio_fc
thanks for your replay.
The goal is not to adjust as appear a single intensity Graph, but to have the ability to change the decorations of the the control/indicator before to save it on a image file.
On the screen, controls and indicators have a lot of colorful decorations that are heavy and environment enemy for the printing.

Any further ideas?

Asper

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,769 Views)

asper wrote:

Hi smercurio_fc
thanks for your replay.
The goal is ... but to have the ability to change the decorations of the the control/indicator before to save it on a image file.
On the screen, controls and indicators have a lot of colorful decorations that are heavy and environment enemy for the printing.

Any further ideas?

Asper

Invoke node >>> Get Image

Slice and dice the image any way you want.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 5
(2,766 Views)

Dear Ben,
thanks for your workaround suggestion.

I already use the Get Image node, but I believe that this is not the right way. I would like to preserve all features like scales, scale labels etc. and strip out only the 3d border and other decorations.

"slice and dice" the image is not possible because it would cut parts of scales. Now I am using the "Create Mask.vi" to delete the color that is associated with the border. This approach works not very well too.

The 3d border has a color gradient and it is necessary to delete all colors associated to the 3d border gradient.

Further the 3d border changes size and number of gradient colors with the zooming of the windows. Not last, the size of plot area changes with variation of the minimum and maximum of scale limits.

Programmaticly is not so clear which points should be selected to detect the colors to mask.

Any method or property to remove decorations from a control?
Asper

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,735 Views)