LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message problem "A version of NI-VISA that is not supported on this operating system has been detected..."

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Night!

Recently i want to install NI-VISA on my PC because i needed for arduino. I checked the available versions for my OS (Windows 8 not 8.1) I tried with 5.01, 5.2, 5.3 but in all of the cases send me the same message, I search in programs and features in the NI software section for uninstall (if I have it) the old version of VISA but I found that I don´t have any version. Also I don´t have any version of NI-488 sofware or anything like that on my PC (I don´t know if I need to install for the NI-VISA installation) and send me the same message again, I don´t know what to do, if uninstall labview 2010 or get a new version, or uninstall 2010 and install NI-VISA and after that install LV, please help me...

As I was saying I have Windows 8, I7 proccesor, LabView 2010 Installed with this products: Circuit design, lego mindstorms, run-time engine, NI- measurement and automation, -System configuration, TDM Excel and update service (all of this un programs and features in the NI Software section).

Regards and Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,807 Views)
The latest version is 14.0.1 - http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-14.0.1/5023/en/

Try that. Your question on NI-488 makes no sense unless you actually are using a GPIB controller.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,796 Views)

screen.PNG}

Thanks for you response, but

Still send me the same message 😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,784 Views)
So nothing shows up in the uninstall list? Anything in the registry? Had you done an upgrade to Windows 8 or was it originally installed on the pc? If there is something in the registry, you might be able to remove the entries but be careful and back it up before editing.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,770 Views)

You need to uninstall the 5.x version before installing v14.

The fact that all NI software is grouped under 'S' in the uninstall list doesn't help ... (software from NI)

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,740 Views)

Well I know that I don't have installed a Visa-version because it's the first time I download it. But in all of the cases send me the same message, how do I look where I have installed (if i have) any version of visa? I look for it in programs and features but without success 😞 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,717 Views)

How visa can be installed if a I never try it? The only software that I have on my pc of NI is labview and circuit design :S 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,714 Views)
Did a version get installed with the mindstorms software?

As I said, check the registry.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,713 Views)

I opened regedit for search about "NI-VISA" key and I got all the files, I deleted only the files that had "NI-VISA" after that I look for files with the same procedure and I deleted that, i found a folder with IVI foundation and I deleted too then I tried to install the 14.01 version but without success... I i have a Version and I didn´t know it (but I´m sure that I didn´t install it) How do i Uninstall the version of Visa???

PD: In programs and features I look for this.

screenshot(1).PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,688 Views)

At my previous job, I had a work laptop running Windows 8.1 Professional.

NI-VISA 5.4.1 installed fine. Give it a try.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,659 Views)