LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message dialog via RS232(how to properly set)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Do you know, how to create a message for the selection of wrongly selected COM port via an RS 232. I tried to use Display message to user, but it pops up every time you start...I need  it turned out, just in case of an error to error out (green line). Do you know how can I create or connect or do I have to do some condition? Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,082 Views)

Display Message to User Express.vi (Dialog and User Inteface Pallete) has an enable boolean that you could wire Error.Status to easilly to get the pop-up on error you are looking for

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,079 Views)

I see, okay..but how do I create a condition of error out (green line) that it could be connected to boolean?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,077 Views)

Unbundle By Name.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,067 Views)

Something like this? Or do I need to connect directly out error(green line) to  message display?

So when there appear in error out - error, so it will be as true?

Thanks crossrulz

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author safix

I much prefer using the Unbundle BY NAME, but you have the right idea.

Also, to make your diagrams easier to read, keep the flow of your data to go from left to right.  Wires going backwards just confuses people.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,041 Views)

It does not matter if it is from error in or from error out? You did it in the error in, but if it will connect from the error out so I can't to link it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,036 Views)

It works, already. 🙂 One thing esle: when i want to close program after press OK button. How can I do that? Thanks, crossrulz.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,991 Views)